Tuesday, October 18, 2011

He is Love.

God can not love us any less or more.   He is Love.  He always has and always will love us. , His love for us is so intense.  What is our response to that love?
I am reading a couple of things presently "Consoling the Heart of Jesus" by Michael Gaitley, MIC which led me to read others like Lectio Divina and the Practice of Teresian Prayer by Sam Anthony Morello, OCD which is free on the link I provided.  While contemplating on this I came up with the statements that I started this entry with. 
"God can not love us any less or more.   He is Love.  He always has and always will love us. , His love for us is so intense.  What is our response to that love?"  In one of these writings it mentions the humility of Jesus and how we should strive to be humble like Him.  I am not sure how many times I have heard about Jesus being humble, it has been many, but it never quite made me think before about His thirty years of humility before His public ministry.  Oh, I have thought about His humility of being born a baby in a manger the poorest of the poor.  I have contemplated before on His humility in giving himself up to be crucified for us.  I have many times though of how humble He is to give us the Eucharist daily so that we can enter into His unbloodied sacrifice daily.  What of His humility of being human for thirty years in this world without revealing Himself?  Just think to have the power of God within in you and to hold back daily when presented with the sufferings of this world.  
I can't even imagine what it must have been like for Him to walk down the street as a teenager and young adult.  As humans we think we know everything at those ages and to know that you have the power with one stroke to change what you see and to have to say "not my will but yours Father."  What humility and control.  When I think of Jesus coming upon the sick, suffering, and dying and knowing he could do something to change that for them and to hold back till it was time, till it was the Fathers will.  Wow.  How often we feel helpless when presented with the sufferings of this world and knowing there are times when we can do nothing.  Can't even imagine what if was like for Jesus who has the same human emotions that we do and to know that even with the power of God He could do nothing at times either.  Those must have been quite the conversations the young man Jesus had with God the Father.  Think of the times He sat at synagogue and heard a teaching that was wrong or knew He could do better and holding back because it yet was not His time.  Humility.
He truly came to show us what it is to be truly human.  Humility.  Oh, how he loves us.



No comments: