Monday, October 17, 2011

Catholic Life? Msgr. Beibel

Read an interesting article that was posted in our Cathedrals bulletin from their pastor Msgr. William E. Biebel. I found it interesting and thought I would share a part of it the rest you can find at: imagetrinity.blogspot.coml

"Every Sunday, as I read the paper, I find it discouraging as a pastor to read the wedding page and see young men and women from traditional Catholic families being married at the beach, or at a hotel or resort, in non-Catholic church. I read obituaries of Catholics burying their departed without a prayer or without a Mass of Christian Burial. What is happening? Have we become THAT secularized that our most significant moments in life do not need the Lord? "

If you know me than you know that I work part time for a funeral home. It is very frustrating to see the "catholics" who do not know when to sit, stand, or kneel at Mass let alone know the responses. I pray for their souls and that the Holy Spirit will lead them back to their faith and their God.

Please read the rest of the article.  God Bless you.

No comments: