Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Day Without Jesus

Interesting thing happened yesterday, I got to deny Jesus publicly.  I was asked to lector our Good Friday service and got to do the part of the voice.  The voice gets to say that he does not know Jesus.  Than I also got to say Pilates lines and have him sent to be crucified.  I have to say I am not sure what Peter went through from Friday till Easter morning when he got to see Jesus again after denying knowing him.  I do know how I feel, I miss Him.  Yeah, I miss Him.  I told my wife* earlier today that it dawned on me this is a day without Jesus.


 There are no Masses or Eucharistic services allowed from the end of yesterday service till the Easter vigil tonight.  That is over 24 hours without Jesus.  I think it has hit me so much more because of the Gospel that I got to be a part of yesterday afternoon.  I have just never missed Him as much as I do today.  I do miss daily Mass from time to time but I know He is there even if I am not.  I have a deep down yearning.  Am I just falling in love with Him or again falling in love? Have I just taken Jesus for granted like most of us take our love ones for granted?  I went to our church this afternoon to pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet with others at three o'clock.  I really struggled when I looked at that empty tabernacle.  I know the truth that wherever two or more are gathered in His name He is there. It was just so different and lonely.  Well, I was right about one thing earlier this was going to be a different Holy Week.

*Wife- Ann Marie, we have been married for 27 years.  She is an amazing woman and I have not mentioned her enough in this blog.  Will have to put together at least one post just about her and how amazing she is to me and our children.  Yes, we have children too.

No comments: