Monday, January 10, 2011

View from 408

Yep, even though no one reads this I thought I would tell you that I am now viewing the walls of UPMC Shadyside. This is nothing new for me as I have spent 7 or 8 weeks here in the last two years since my diagnosis of pancreatic cancer(from now on referred to as pancan). This time I am here for pain radiating from my mid to lower back through to the right front of my abdomen. Actually, some of the weeks before have been spent here for the same thing. They have no clue why this is happening. In the past they said it was pancreatitus. Now somehow because they can not confirm pancreatitus they think it is something else. All I know is I haven't had anything to eat or drink for three days now. I don't really feel like eating but it would be nice too. They did a couple of MRI's but everything looked normal. What isn't normal is high level of pain and nausea.

Should I ramble? The nurses and aides on this floor are the best. They do a great job! I have a resident Dr. named Dr. Boone. LOL just funny. My first roommate this time was just awful. He wouldn't use his call button but would just scream for the nurse to come help him. Three times in the middle of the night he did this. Left his tv on all night, nothing wrong with that except, the volume was so loud. I had Brittany buy me noise reduction headphones. They actually do help but he left that day. I think he stole some of my pain pills that I had in my overnight kit. I think he is some kind of addict. All he was worried about was getting a Oxycontin prescription. He kept mentioning it to his doctor and nurse.

Brittany was just here visiting me after her classes today. She is an amazing young lady and a great daughter. Ann Marie left yesterday(Sunday) so she wouldn't miss any work unless absolutely necessary. So it is great to have Brittany in this city.

No comments: