Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Still viewing from room 408

Yes still in here. What a mess today was. Once I describe it you will think wow that place is messed up or Aaron needs to quit complaining. The doctors decided that I should try some food today and see if it causes any pain. If it causes pain than I will end up on a pic line and fed through it for the next 4 weeks. If no pain increase go home and eat. So I have not had anything to eat since Friday except that muffin Saturday morning before we came down here.

In order for me to eat anything I have to take 4 pills called Creon 24000. Well my breakfast comes and I have no Creon so I can't eat it. They through it out after a couple of hours and give me a muffin and toast which sits for another hour before they give me some creon 6000. Yep, wrong dosage. I tell the nurse who tries to get it straightened out for lunch. Did not get the right pills for lunch or any pills. Than dinner comes and they still haven't sent the right pills. Wow. I wait another two hours and get frustrated so I call their internal line if you need help and your not happy with the response. I get this woman who starts giving me a hard time for calling the line and I should call the operator, that this line is only for those who need help or are not happy with the help they are getting. I said that is why I am calling than explain a little before she cuts me off and says I will call your nurse. So the nurse gets blamed again. Not even her fault. The unit supervisor comes in and I was short with her (I truly feel awful) when I told her what was going on. Within 10 mins I had my Creon. I still believe it was wrong dosage though. Is that messed up or what?

I still have the pain when I eat so we will see what the doctor says in the morning. I have two doctors and they are giving different views and advice. Hard to figure out that way. I just want to go home.

No comments: