Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hardened Hearts

"Do you not yet understand or comprehend?
Are your hearts hardened?
Do you have eyes and not see, ears and not hear?"  Mark 8:


Isn't it so easy for our hearts to get hardened in this life we live.  I remember in my youth when I decided I was putting up a wall and very few if any were going to get in.  That's a hardened heart. When we allow sin to cloud our judgement or take over our conscience.  That is a hardened heart.  When we pass by those who have less and are suffering.  That is a hardened heart.  When we think the answer to immigration is send them back where they came from.  That is a hardened heart.  When we think that poor people just don't work hard enough.  That is a hardened heart.  When we look at a race of people and generalize them as lazy or thieves.  That is a hardened heart.

In every one of the above situations I can see our Lord reaching to us to be his hands to others and we give to others a hardened heart.

"If today you hear his voice harden not your hearts"  Heb 3:15

Lord I pray that today you open my heart, take the scales off.

I think my friend Jesse Manibusan says it best in his song below "Open my eyes".

No comments: